Looking for a backup solution for your business? It’s important you decide whether Cloud Backup or In-House Backup is the best solution for your business needs, but it is also equally vital to know the pros and cons of each solution as well.
To understand all these here are some pros and cons surrounding Cloud Backup and In-House Backup.
Cloud Backup Pros
- There is no need for onsite hardware, meaning a reduced cost for this backup solution.
- More storage can be added when you need it. You will only pay for what you need at the time but you can increase this as and when.
- Backup and Restore can be initiated from any device wherever you are.
- Data can be backed up in regular intervals, this being as often at every 15 minutes.
Cloud Backup Cons.
- The cost of data recovery can sometimes outweigh the benefits of uptime and instant recovery.
- Because you have to pay more to increase your storage this can become costly.
- If the internet goes down on either party’s sides you will not have access to the information.
- Full data recovery could prove to be time consuming and impactful on your systems.
In-House Backup Pros.
- It gives you physical control over all your backups.
- Keeps all data in-house meaning no third parties can potentially have access to it.
- There is no need to rely on internet connections to access your data.
- Can be more cost effective for smaller companies.
In-House Backup Cons.
- It will require an investment into hardware, which can be costly.
- You need space in your offices for server equipment as well as dedicated IT support.
- Can be more susceptible to data loss during disastrous situations, as the equipment is in-house.
- No uptime or recovery guarantees.
As you can see there are a range of pros and cons for both Cloud Backup Solutions and In-House Backup Solutions, so our biggest advice is to be sure to do all your research and ask for help if you aren’t sure, as you want the best solution that helps your business achieve what you need it too.
For more information on Cloud Backup and In-House Backup get in touch with one of our team members today on 0203 488 5285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can advise you on the best solution for your business and provide you with the services you need.